Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2019

Consciousness and Song of the Century

There is a wonderful documentary on Netflix currently. John &Yoko: Above Us Only Sky

It is all about John Lennon and his life with Yoko Ono. Back in the day she was presented as a strange Oriental woman artist who had mesmerized John away from the Beatles. The film is about the dynamics at play in their relationship with themselves, the Beatles and most of all, their music. Details that I did not know and probably most of us didn't know then and don't know now. If you are at all interested in the process of artists and life reflects where they are and how they express you will enjoy this. 

I was in my early 20's, living in California, very ill and doing the best I could in my world. Their glamorous New York life was very different from mine.

So, as we all do, I made assumptions about someone else in their live based on what my life was like. Or, by what I read. I apologize to John Lennon and Yoko Ono. And to everyone else I made assumptions about. I look not to do that these days.  

I always enjoyed this song. Yet, it seemed more about imagination as frivolous than real as creative force at the time to me in that sense of myself. And sad that we had to imagine and what was not real. 

Now, in hindsight and my ability to see, know and appreciate more than I did then, this is not so pie in the sky. It calls to the deepest place inside of us, what ever the words you may use. It is about the power of the mind and spirit, the essence in each of us, as Consciousness, working together in an inner harmony if we only allow it to be our truth. 
Morphic resonance will help take care of the rest of us who are tuned in. 

It is a theme for consciousness technologies. 

Imagine was voted Song of the Century by those who track that sort of thing. Let yourself just sit and listen and feel this time, as Consciousness, in Heart Centered Awareness, that it is us, in malleable time and space. Imagine it into reality. Bring it into the NOW. 
I
I have included a link to a demo recording John made at his home studio before it's release.    

Imagine written by John Lennon and Yoko Ono


Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today (ah ah ah)
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

Yoko Ono was finally given writing credit a few years ago. Lyric Find, where I found the lyrics still only lists John Lennon as the writer. Imagine that. Only 40 years later does she get credit.  

Janet Barrett
Life in the Beyond?Journeys Into Enlightenment
janetb@janetandbeyond.com
www.janetandbeyond.com