Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2019

Birthday Thanks

Last week I celebrated my 65th birthday.

When I was in my late 20's this accomplishment was not a reality in my future. I never really thought of life much beyond my late 30's I guess. Illness of all kinds and physical pain keep me thinking in terms in the moment and of short life. Astrologically speaking, apparently there was no picture of health so it would become a journey of spirit and mind working together to support the body function.

Now I am set for many more moments and a much longer life. Why limit it? I am finally getting the hang of letting go of many of my assumptions about life I picked up along the way and being in a body and wanting out of it.

I like the energy of ageless and I realize that being present is how one is ageless. Age stops becoming ones reference in how one shows up.

I would rather value and appreciate where I am right in this moment and give thanks.

Thank you to all of you who sent me birthday wishes. Over 100 of them on fb. I am doing my best to personally respond to each, as you each took the energy to share your happy tidings with me. I feel that deeply and it has been a lovely warming these last couple of days.

Many I don't know personally. And the graciousness extended is, as I said, heartwarming.

Thank you to my husband. After 43 years, there is much to recommend him. I chose well. He is the reason I am still alive and thinking in terms of living some more. But today I thank him for his computer skill sets and keeping me safe and warm and with some money in the bank and helping me deal with Medicare and insurance and all the ways one can be compromised filling in the important forms. .

Thanks to my colleagues who feed my soul and support. We all have different backgrounds and stories and share life on this planet and that adds to my delight in diversity. 

Thank you to Mother Earth and all her bounty. I drove around in the beauty of the fall sunlight and fresh air today and just reveled. Breathed it in when we parked, enjoyed the view and felt life.

Thanks to Boyd who creates music and acts as sound engineer for my podcast. He supports me in my enjoyment in spreading around this world that being able to connect to our essence and Consciousness as Spirit in human form is rich, rewarding and essential. Together we share in our awareness that Life is what you make it to be and being able to change what you make it out to be is not as hard as you might think it is. Just need to experience it.

Thank you to my mentors over the years who shared how it is possible to enjoy life if that is what you want to do. Among them Dr. Kam Yuen, Dr. Richard Bartlett, Dr. Mark Dunn, Grandmaster Foo, and their great surrounding teams of" potential explorers".

Thank you to the medical field that did not know how to define me or help me at times. Thank you to those who help me now. 

And to all of you.

Thank you for those who took a leap of faith and continue to explore Life beyond the perceived reality of the human body and mind with me.

It is lovely to be alive sharing in our grand experiment.

Janet Barrett
Life in the Beyond/Journeys Into Enlightenment
janetb@janetandbeyond.com
www.janetandbeyond.com